Georgia on my mind...
One of our very good friends, Brett, was married last Saturday in Atlanta, Georgia. Nathan and I made the cross-country trip on an overnight flight...longer than it should have been thanks to Denver's "high-winds." We arrived Thursday morning at 6am in Atlanta, rented a car, and drove three hours to Savannah. I am a pretty big Gone with the Wind fan, so it was pretty exciting to visit "The South." We stayed in a beautiful old hotel, the Marshall house, once used as a hospital during the civil war. We walked all over Savannah, taking in the sights and the history.
On Friday morning we headed back north to Atlanta. The Testostertones practiced, singing together for the first time in a few years! The rehearsal and dinner were fun. Brett and Julie set us up in a friend of the family's home. Mike and Brenda were the ultimate hosts, really showing us what Southern hospitality is all about.
Singing a little "Julie lou."Julie was a beautiful bride.
1 comments:
Wow, you guys are sooo good at updating. I suck, but maybe with more free time this summer I will get better at it. It is really great to get a glimpse of what you are up to. Just think how many great pictures you would have to post on your blog (and scrapbook with) if you came to visit US!!!!! Do it. Love you.
Post a Comment