Friday, October 12, 2007

Dani and Katie's Road Trip!


Thursday morning Nathan drove me to the airport at 5 in the morning. I flew to San Antonio, Texas to meet Katie for our roadtrip. We've been talking about it for the last year and it finally came! A good looking soldier picked me up at the San Antonio airport. :)



Katie took me out to a nice dinner at Texas Roadhouse and I got to meet her friends from OBC (officer's boot camp), Patricia, Jess and Wade.


Friday morning Katie and I headed to our first destination of the road trip...Greeley! With the help of our buddy Mio, we visited my parent's old house in Amarillo, TX on the way. It is the house I lived in until I was three and they moved us to Colorado.


The sign behind the bear says, "Welcome to Colorado!"


After we got to Greeley, at 8:30pm, we went with the fam to Red Robin. Devon and Zak met up with us too. Saturday was Katie's birthday so we celebrated by taking a trip up to the mountains. It was a beautiful day, the trees were all changing colors and it was bugling season! Katie was pretty amused by the Coloradans tailgating to watch the elk. :) We ended the day with a birthday cake for Katie (the cake was from Schmidts...does anyone else remember what they did???)







Sunday Morning we started our day at 4am Mountain time. Katie was a woman on a mission...to get home to Kevin. :)


We drove and drove and drove and drove...talked to our moms and husbands...drove and drove and drove...convinced our families we were being safe...and drove some more. Katie's rule was that we could only stop for gas and when we really had to go to the bathroom...really. We made it to Federal Way in 19 1/2 hours at 11pm Pacific time!




Seattle...my old home. Monday morning I drove to SPU to have lunch with Matt and as I came up over the hill and saw the city I realized how much I love and miss Seattle! I had a great time with Matt, exploring the city. I went to his gospel choir and sang along, he took me to a show...we had dinner with my old roommate Erin. I also got to visit the Havens...a family I used to babysit for in college! Thanks for a great time Matt!



Dinner out with the Kopps.


Matt took me to a show at the Seattle Rep!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  October 24, 2007 at 10:17 AM  

lets just buy a vacation house in WA and everyone move back home to colorado! You 2 sure look like siblings. ;)

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP