Extreme Nursery Makeover!!
As promised, here are the pictures of the nursery makeover! My parents were here a couple weeks ago to help and I've been waiting to post the pictures until Nathan's parents were able to see it in person. Mom and I had a great time decorating and buying for the baby. My dad also remodeled our bathroom, changing our tub into a shower/tub combo. We were very grateful for that because now we have a shower for guests! We have already appreciated this during both of our parent's visits!
Nathan and I have also made the final decision about our baby girl's name. Her name will be Jane Abigail Swisher, after Nathan's grandmother, Jane Anne Swisher. Jane means "believer in a gracious God" and Abigail means "Father in rejoicing." Nathan's grandmother is excited to have her name passed on and we are excited to honor someone so special in Nathan's life. A couple of our other family members share Jane as their middle names as well, my grandmother Mary and Nathan's cousin Kelsey. So, it is all in the family! :)
Now we can't wait to meet her! My due date is December 30th, and my doctor just took me off work this past weekend. Working the night shift was getting to be a bit too much for me so I was instructed to take it easy until Jane is term, which will be December 9th. We didn't want her coming too early, which she has been trying to do! Nathan and I have been enjoying the extra time together and I've been enjoying sleeping at night! :) I will update soon with pictures from our Thanksgiving with the Swishers!
Before...
After!!!
And here is the process. :)
6 comments:
SO CUTE! And I absolutely love the name!
The nursery looks adorable. All the hard work came together---super cute. I was trying to think of a joke about cribs and like MTV cribs....but its not working out.
Glad to hear you're off work now. How nice to just rest and have more time with Nathan before Jane comes.Anyway,the pictures make me even more exited to see her!! She'll be even more beautiful. Love you both!
The nursery looks fabulous! It's come a long way since I saw it!!! :) Can't wait to see it all in person.
I’ve been waiting for these…soooo PINK! I love her name painted on the wall, what a sweet touch. I can’t believe how soon she is coming – I guess my next request for pictures would have to be pictures of Jane Abigail herself all dolled up in pink:) Love and prayers
Wow! i love how you did her room- it is so sweet and girly. I still haven't finished my girls' room and they are nearly 9 months- right after they were born i painted it a ridiculously bubble gum/pepto bismol pink and have felt very stuck ever since. So, thanks for the inspiration! :) Oh and your ultra sound pics are amazing. her little face is so precious.
We'll look forward to seeing pictures of Abigail soon!
- Meagan
oops, sorry about mixing up her name...i meant to say Jane Abigail- which is so lovely!
Post a Comment