Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Move (Part One)


Well, it's been a LONG two weeks but we are finally settled in our new home in Colorado Springs! These pictures are just part one of our move. My parents came on Friday, July 30th to help us load the trailer (for the second time). Nathan and I had worked like crazy to get everything packed all ready to go before their arrival. Jane spent a lot of that week asking, "happened?" We tried to pack a lot while she was asleep so it probably seemed pretty strange when she woke up and things were missing every time. :)

Right after Papa & Nana got there we went to lunch at In & Out one last time.



Our friend Matt came over to help with the loading...

...while his wife, Megan, and I went to the spa! Matt was a lot more help loading & carrying boxes than I would have been. At least we were thinking about them...when we were laying out at the mud bath, baking in the sun. :)
I did get a few text messages about everything not fitting in the trailer, but after filling the back of the truck and the jeep they managed to fit everything.



Apparently Jane was "helping" most of the time. :)





Saturday, we met my cousin Ashley and her husband JJ at the beach for lunch. Jane learned how to say their names and is still saying JJ once in a while.



Nana got some great shots of Jane while she was in the bath.




It just figures that the week we were moving out of California, my uncle John and his family moved about an hour away from us, to Murrietta, CA. They had a much longer trip to make, from North Carolina! We decided to meet up at the San Diego Zoo for a day while we were all still there. They just recently adopted two little girls and it was great to meet my new cousins. Jane really liked playing with them too. Emily is 3 and Jennifer is 2, so they are all close in age.


All the girls, checking out the monkeys from their strollers.

Emily wasn't too sure how close she wanted to be to that bird.



Jane's favorite. (still not sure why since all they do is lay there)


All three girls piled into the helicopter together for a picture.


Emily took her job of holding Jane's hand very seriously.


I was hot and tired and there were no available benches...

Nothing like a new stroller to make Jane fall asleep. (she NEVER does this in her own stroller)
Jennifer thought it was fun though.


Nathan had to finish up work on Monday and Tuesday so we had a couple more days to play. On Monday night we went to Disney's new light show, "World of Color."






I will post the video, but this was one of the funniest interactions with the characters we've ever had. Jane got to the front of the Chip line and gave him a hug, right before she spotted Pluto (at the end of another line). She bolted towards Pluto and was sad when I caught her and brought her back. Chip, however, was a sucker and decided to walk Jane over to Pluto's line (cutting in front of at least 20 people) so she could say hi. It was pretty funny watching Chip lead Jane by the hand over to Pluto. I think Pluto was a little confused.

Jane got to ride her favorite ride "Small World" two times on our last day there. :)
There will be more to come! Nathan and I are supposed to get internet tomorrow so hopefully the next update will be soon!

2 comments:

michael and abby,  August 15, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

Great! I've been anxiously waiting to hear from you guys and how your move went! I am so glad you are settled down and doing great! These pics were hilarious, esp of you in the stroller Dani, nice!

We are doing pretty great too, see our blog when you get a chance.

Lots of love from our fam to yours...and PS we already MISS you!!!

abby and kate (and SJ)

Ginny,  August 16, 2010 at 6:09 PM  

I can so relate to you sitting in the stroller. I haven't gone back to the zoo in a few months, it's WAY too hot. I have to sit down every few minutes and drink lots of cold drinks :) Glad you all are moved in safely!

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP