Monday, September 6, 2010

Our last week of summer

I know, summer has been over for most people for a while, but Nathan starts work tomorrow so this past week was OUR official last week of summer. Nathan is starting his 12 month internship at Aspen Pointe, a community mental health center. His primary rotation will be with adult outpatient and he will find out his secondary rotation this week. It seems like we have talked about this stage of his education for forever so it is great for it to be here! In a short 12 months he will be Dr. Nathan Swisher! When I asked him today if he was excited he said he was more excited about our new baby boy on the way. :) What a good daddy and a sweet answer.
Speaking of the baby, I will be 30 weeks on Wednesday! This pregnancy has flown by and I can't believe that in 8-10 weeks (or 11-12 weeks based on my history..lol) we will have a new baby in our lives! We are very excited of course and Jane has embraced having a baby as much as I think she can at this stage. She kisses my belly, brings the baby toys from her baby doll (she lifts up my shirt and puts them on my stomach), and she even helped us start setting up her baby brother's room this week.
Jane is talking so much these days. Nathan was reading with her the other day and he pointed to Cinderella in her book, asking her if she was a girl or boy. Instead of answering his question she said with perfect pronunciation, "Cinderella." I laughed so hard at Nathan's shocked look! She also remembers so many things that have happened and then she tells us about them over and over. When we visited my parents we told her she couldn't feed Rane (their german shepherd) her spaghetti because it would make her sick and she must have reminded me of this a dozen times in the past week. She has also been talking about our trip to Glenwood Springs and the blow-up dolphin that some other kids had in the pool. It is pretty funny to hear her talk about so many things and to try and trace her train of thought.
One of my favorite things she does right now is how she tells everyone what to do. She will tell you where to sit, to drink your drink, to take a bite of your food...the list goes on and on. Over the weekend she told Nathan, Ryan, Lindsay and I where to sit at the table and then went around the table telling us all when to drink our coffee. :)
She is such a sweet girl and we are really trying to enjoy our last moments with her as our only child.

On Tuesday we decided to take a mini-vacation to Glenwood Springs. We stayed in Hotel Colorado, a historic hotel where President Roosevelt, President Taft, Molly Brown, and many other famous people stayed when it was new. We got a deal on a suite so Jane had her own parlor room. :) We ended up having a great time, mostly enjoying the hot springs.

On the way, we stopped at Burger King for lunch. Jane really liked her crown.

So beautiful!

Jane loved the warm water. We ended up swimming a few hours in the afternoon and then went back after dinner for some night swimming.


Jane was playing with the cable box while we were getting ready for dinner. We also went to a little farmer's market/bluegrass concert on the main street in Glenwood.


Jane found a puppy at the farmer's market and she thought it was so funny that he was licking her legs while she was laying in the grass.


That's our hotel in the background.

Looking at the stars...

Breakfast in her parlor the next morning.

We attempted a hike before heading home but someone decided she probably couldn't make it (that someone was me). I think my days of steep hikes are over for a while. I was out of breath before we got to the trailhead. :)

It was a really pretty place though! This is my 29 week belly.

Having a snack instead. :)

I just thought it was so cute that Jane matched her chair so I had to get a picture.

Helping Daddy put together baby brother's new crib.


I couldn't believe it, Nathan actually got an invitation into Jane's house!

Our good friends, Ryan & Lindsay Perrich, came for a visit over the holiday weekend. We had such a good time catching up with them! Our visits have been limited to a meal here and there over the last couple years so it was really nice to get some quality time together. Jane really hadn't been around them very much either so she had a lot of fun getting to know her new friends.

Ryan got invited to a tea party at Jane's new table & chairs (thanks Uncle Matt!) the first morning they were here.

We went to Garden of the Gods for a little walk and picnic. Jane helped Ryan donate some money to the firefighters for Jerry's kids. That's another thing she keeps talking about...she saw some change on the counter yesterday and she started saying, "boot, boot" because she remembered putting money in their boot!


Jane didn't want to stay on the path.


Saturday night we had a barbecue with the Perrichs and our friends Gabe, Ashley and Avery Jenkins (who live here in CS). Avery and Jane are only a couple months apart and they are quickly becoming friends. While they were over for dinner Jane had to show Avery one of her favorite things to do - eating ice. They were really cute, sitting with their cups of ice.

Ryan & Daddy taught Jane a new game of swinging in a blanket - which she thought was the best thing ever.



Helping unload the dishwasher (another of her favorite things to do). Usually it goes pretty well, but we did have a casualty last week. :) Mommy wasn't quick enough and we lost a bowl.

Reading with Lindsay.

Going out for pizza.


Today we headed to Coors Field to watch the Rockies WIN! Jane looked so cute in her Rockies gear that I had to take lots of pictures. She loves her "bee" hat so it wasn't even hard to get her to keep it on!

LOVE this face! (Jane's, not Nathan's...)



Eating the leftover chip crumbs from Mommy's bag of chips.




This was about 5 seconds after we got onto I-25 headed home. She was a tired girl!

4 comments:

Unknown,  September 7, 2010 at 5:44 AM  

What a fun last week of summer! Dani, you look so good and I laughed so hard when you said you turned around from the hike. I'd rather have a snack, too. :) Can't believe how big Janey looks... and it's only been a few weeks since we've seen you! Can't wait for (hopefully) 10 weeks when we get to meet the next Swisher. :)

Ashley,  September 7, 2010 at 6:34 AM  

What great photos! And we had a blast coming over to BBQ...thanks again! Jane looks so cute in her Rockies gear! Avery has that exact same Rockies shirt...so cute! We should all go together sometime!

Ginny,  September 7, 2010 at 11:17 AM  

So funny! Love the blanket swing idea! Also, I can so relate to you not being able to hike! :) You look great, but I can tell you're carrying lower this time... BOY! :) Take care and I'll keep you posted about baby Bennett!

Ginny,  September 7, 2010 at 11:17 AM  

So funny! Love the blanket swing idea! Also, I can so relate to you not being able to hike! :) You look great, but I can tell you're carrying lower this time... BOY! :) Take care and I'll keep you posted about baby Bennett!

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP