Rain, the Zoo & Swim lessons!
This past week I've been thinking a lot about our lives and the changes about to come our way. I've been trying to cherish the moments with Jane most of all, wishing I had someone to follow us around with a camera. Yesterday while I was rocking her, putting her down for her nap, she curled up around my baby bump and said, "brother" and kissed my stomach. It seems like just as she falls asleep each day her little brother decides to start kicking me (and her!). I wonder what she will think when he is on the outside. :)
She plays so well by herself during the day that sometimes I just have to make her play with me because I know those times are going to be limited in the future. Our times together as a family are so fun too. Every day when Nathan gets home Jane hears the garage door and starts yelling, "Dada! Dada!" Then she asks me, "hide?" It's a game that they started playing where she hides from him behind a basket of blankets in the living room. Usually she only lasts 10 seconds before she has to run out and give him a hug hello.
Anyway, this last week was busy. Jane & I started swim lessons with my friend Ashley & her daughter Avery. I also worked my first shifts at the hospital on Saturday & Sunday while Nathan and Jane had a fun Daddy-Daughter weekend. We got some fun pictures from the week!
On Monday it rained a lot of the day and Jane insisted that she had to go outside. She wasn't so sure after she realized that she was getting wet. :)
Riding a pony at the zoo! Jane told me all about it when I got home. She has been talking about it constantly actually - mostly about the helmet that she wore. She keeps saying, "pony, hat" and then asking, "go?" She wants to know where the hat went and then she says, "oh no!" like she forgot it there. It's pretty funny. She also started randomly talking to me about a moose yesterday so I texted Nathan to ask him about it. I guess she saw the moose at the zoo too. :)
Petting the pony, Sunny.

On Monday we started swim lessons with Ashley & Avery. Their class is called Water Waddles. I think it's going to be great for Jane - we go twice a week. She has been talking about it non-stop. She doesn't like everything we are doing in class, like swimming on her back, but she is getting more daring. It's also something fun for us to do together before the baby comes!
Jane & Avery, getting ready for their first day of class!
Singing the "Hokey Pokey." Jane told Nathan all about it when we got home. :)


Jane's awesome shirt from the Mary Jane ski resort @ Winter Park.

It's fun getting to experience true fall weather this year. If it's even a little chilly out, or windy, Jane says, "coat?" She is still loving playing outside on the deck too - she loves her house and slide.
A few weeks ago I made Jane some pretend mail to put in her mailbox. :)
Jane loves to lay on the ground and pretend that she fell so I will come and pick her up.
I compiled a bunch of videos from the last month. It's mostly self-explanatory, but the last segment is funny to me because it happens over and over all day. If Jane thinks something is broken or not right she says, "Dada?" like Nathan is the only one who can fix it. I usually have to convince her to let me help. :)
3 comments:
oh i miss her! I love her new shirt. Very cool. If other babies could read they'd be totally intimidated.
I wonder what she's going to think of snow?!
Looks like the swim lessons are going well. Miss all 4 of you!
I love the picture of you and Ash and you precious little girls at swim lessons:) Makes me wish we lived in CO!
A blue check jacket in the rain .. with flip flops on ... ;) a true coloradoan!
Post a Comment