Jane's first sleepover!
This past weekend Jane had her first overnighter away from Mommy & Daddy. It was definitely time! :) We figured it might be our last chance for a night without kids for a while since our little man is due in 3 weeks! I am 37 weeks this week which is actually considered term, so who knows when he will make his arrival.
Jane & Daddy building a "house" with her duplos. Sometimes when Nathan gets home Jane will just start saying, "house, house, house" until he sits down and builds her something she can sit in with her duplos. He doesn't even have a chance to change. :)
For our first night away we decided to go to Estes Park since it is close to Greeley (where Jane was going to stay with Papa & Nana). We were checking out hotels when our friends, the Budensieks, offered to let us use their condo! It was great to not have to worry about that expense and finding a place. We were able to go to dinner and we even had a couple's massage on Sunday morning! I had to work Friday night so we headed to Greeley Saturday afternoon after I woke up. We dropped Jane off at my parents' house and then headed to the mountains.
Dinner at Mary's Lake Lodge.
Relaxing in front of the fire at the condo.
Of course there was a huge elk right downtown so we joined all the tourists in taking lots of pictures. :)
Meanwhile, back at Papa & Nana's house...Jane didn't miss us at all. I'm pretty sure she didn't even ask for us. I guess we need to leave her for a little longer. :)
Playing in her kitchen. (Jane has more toys at Nana's house than her own)
We heard that she talked Uncle Matt into taking her "outside" several times.
Riding her bike in the house.

Aunt Shaina & Pepper joined the party on Sunday. Pepper was forced to have a ride.
This was right when Nathan & I arrived back at the house. Halloween came early I guess.
This cape is one that my grandma (my mom's mom) made for us when we were little.
Pepper had to have one last ride before we left.
3 comments:
Glad Pepper got to get back what he dishes out sometimes :)
and the most photogenic child award goes to....
Jane Swhisher!!
the comment above is so the truth! she is amazingly adorable. glad you guys got to get away. Can't wait to see pictures of your little guy! :)
meagan
Post a Comment