Tuesday, August 2, 2011

First Stitches...

On Friday we had our first trip to the doctor for stitches. You may remember a few months ago me writing about how Jane had split her chin open on the side of the bathtub and how we had to make a late night trip to urgent care. The doctor used dermabond (glue) to seal it up but it never really looked that great, it was always a little open.
Well, on Friday Jane was in her room, supposed to be taking a nap when I heard her start crying and yelling. She had split open the same spot on her chin - she said that she was climbing on the end of her bed and hit it on the railing. I told her we were going to have to go to the doctor to get it fixed again. She said, "Ok. Not the mean doctor." She meant the one from urgent care. :) She was pretty funny, she acted like it was no big deal and insisted on wearing her Tiana costume. She kept talking about how she wanted to see the fish in the waiting room.
I was thankful it happened during office hours this time and I was able to take her to our pediatrician's office. Henry was asleep again by the time we got there so he hung out with the secretaries while Jane was getting sewn up. Her chin looked a little worse this time and since they had already done the glue thing we opted for stitches. Jane did great while they were cleaning it but once they started with the lidocaine shots it was all over. Poor girl! It was pretty traumatic for us all but I'm glad it got fixed the right way this time. We go back on Friday to get them taken out - hopefully that will be an easier experience. Now she has a scar to match her Mommy's. :) I did it in college though...ice and high heeled boots do not mix well.

The stitches!


Chewing on the baby monitor.


Playing with Mommy's iPhone.






Into EVERYTHING!



Checking out the rain. Guess what else? Henry stood on his own tonight for about 10 seconds!! Looks like he might be a 9 month walker just like his sister.


Henry thinks his carseat is a jungle gym.


Check out that hair! The humidity makes it even crazier than normal.






I love moments like these. Watching our kids play together gives me so much joy!

3 comments:

Nana,  August 2, 2011 at 9:33 PM  

WOW so many adorable pictures at one time!!! Love them all.

Bryon, Christy and Kai August 3, 2011 at 8:53 PM  

Poor Jane! But she's looking just as happy and cute as ever. And, Henry is looking like such a little man. We're planning on being in Greeley for Christmas, so hopefully we can see you guys again. :)

Shaina,  August 4, 2011 at 1:13 PM  

I love the photo booth looking pictures of you and Jane! Two of a kind :)

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP