Sunday, October 16, 2011

Here comes fall!

It has been unusually warm this past week, with temperatures into the 80s, but it seems to be on the way out. The trees are changing colors and the leaves are falling all over our backyard. Jane is finally convinced that she has to wear pants now, no more summer dresses. Saying goodbye to the flip flops was a struggle too, she insists that all of her shoes hurt her feet. I let her wear a summer dress today because it was SO nice out but I warned her that I will be packing them up this week because it is getting too cold. She has been watching the Berenstain Bears with Nathan and they watched an episode about the seasons so I think she is starting to get it. She still wears costumes 95% of the day anyway so it only matters when we leave the house. Halloween is every day at the Swisher house. It is a little hard to keep up with her costumes now because she is so creative about who she is dressing up as. Her latest thing is to pretend to be people we actually know - like our good friends the Jenkins. She pretended last week that she was Avery, I was Ashley and Nathan was Gabe. I asked her if Henry was Sophie but she told me, "No! She's a girl!" :) She also pretends to be my parents' dog, Rane. Nathan is their other dog Jax, Henry is my sister's dog Pepper and I am Nana. She barks and barks until I tell her (just like Nana does) "Rane! Stop barking!" Lol. Jane is growing up way too fast. This past week she wanted to watch videos of "Jane when I was a little baby." It made me cry a little watching them with her and thinking about how fast the last two and a half years have gone. I told her she couldn't grow up anymore and she told me she wants to grow bigger so she can ride Splash Mountain the next time we go to Disneyland. :) 
Henry is wowing everyone around us with his mobility and skills. We've been attending St. Patricks Presbyterian Church for the last month and every week when we pick Henry up from the nursery whichever parents are watching kids that day ask us, "How old is he? He's been walking everywhere!" He does look so small to be walking so well and not only that, he is really good at squatting to pick things up. It's pretty funny how long he can stay in a squat and keep his balance. He is also quite the little comedian. He loves to play this game with everyone where he shakes his head "no" at you until you start doing it back and then he gives you a little smirk. He is such a sweet boy, such a snuggler with his mommy and it melts my heart. I've been reading to him more and I love it that he will bring me a book now and turn around so I can pull him into my lap. One more month and we'll be celebrating his first birthday!


 Henry usually wakes up from his afternoon nap first and he's been playing with this little Mickey Mouse figure that Jane has. When he brought it over to show me I put Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on for him and it's so cute how he bounces along to the opening music -that's about all he watches anyway. He loves dancing to music.



 We got Uncle Matt to come to the park with us for a picnic. 



 I love those beautiful eyes!




 I took the kids to the park every day this week, a couple new ones too. It was great to get them out and enjoy the nice weather.



 Henry loves his new swing from Granddad and Gramma.



 Thursday evening after dinner Nathan and I thought it would be fun to take the kids on a bike ride. This picture pretty much sums up how it went. :) Henry ended up in the bike seat on my bike and he liked it until it got a little too cold.


 Our friends, the Perrichs, were spending the weekend in Estes Park so we decided to go up for the third time this month. :) 


 We went on a little walk in Rocky Mountain National Park. Remember the pictures of us in the snow last week? :) That's Colorado weather for you!


 It's a miracle! All three kids are looking at the camera!








3 comments:

Shaina,  October 17, 2011 at 1:43 PM  

Looks like such fun! Can't wait to see Henry motoring around- last time I saw him he was still crawling for the most part. Oh and the video you posted with Jane singing- yeah I have listened to it probably a hundred times :)

Nana,  October 17, 2011 at 3:07 PM  

Jane is looking so grown up :) Can't believe henry is almost 1!

I don't only yell at rane ....lol

Unknown,  October 21, 2011 at 8:19 AM  

Dani, I've loved watcing your family grow through your blog! I'm getting a kick out of seeing them play at pheasant run. Xandy just turned 13! I have an offical teenager! Time really does fly. Enjoy it!!

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP