It is hard to believe it is already October! The biggest thing that I can't believe is that Henry will be a year old in just over a month. He isn't going to be my little baby much longer. He is a complete walker these days, no more crawling for him! It is really fun to see him explore from his new vantage point. He almost always has something in one hand while he's walking around. It's pretty funny and one of his favorite things to carry around is a foam sword that Nathan got Jane from the Target dollar section.
This past week has been a little bit of a challenge because I started hospital orientation which was all day all week long. Thankfully we have a fabulous babysitter - Nana! :) It makes it a lot easier to leave Jane & Henry all day knowing that my mom is taking care of them. They have been having a great time with Nana & Uncle Matt too.
We got a glimpse into what it might be like if Nathan and I both had traditional 9-5 jobs and I'm very thankful that is not the case. For one thing, it is almost impossible for me to get ready in the mornings! Henry thinks that I need to carry him everywhere and throws a fit when I put him down for one second - I need my contacts to see buddy! He was pretty interested in his daddy lifting weights in the basement this morning so I got to get ready without him following me around. The other problem with us both working all day is that we're SO tired by the end of the day we don't want to do anything after the kids are in bed. We did finally get motivated to hang some pictures last night. :) I missed my kiddos this week though! I'm looking forward to being done with orientation and back to my night schedule.
I don't have a lot of pictures for the week since I wasn't around and for some reason Nana didn't find the time to take any....wonder why? :) Enjoy! Granddad & Gramma arrive for a weekend visit tomorrow and we are sure to have some great pictures up next week!
Henry was trying on his Uncle Matt's hat - I guess it was a lot of fun one afternoon when they were babysitting.
Poor Henry! My mom and I went on an IKEA run last week and when I was in the check-out line Henry decided he just couldn't take it anymore.
Our new playroom! It is in the basement and is a pretty big room - it's great to have such a nice space for the kids to play in.
This was the reason I wanted to go to IKEA. Isn't this a great storage unit for a playroom? When the kids first saw this it was like they had all new toys. It was lots of fun figuring out where I had put everything away.
Last weekend this was the big project at our house. My dad, brother and Nathan spent all day Saturday and a lot of Sunday building the railing for the deck. It will make the deck a lot safer for the kids to play on and give me space to let them play outside without worrying where they are. We still need to stain it - another project. :)
Funny hair in the bath.
The bath is probably Henry's favorite thing. If he hears me running the water he gets to the bathroom as fast as possible and then stands hitting the side until I can get him in.
Jane's favorite at the park - pretty sure it's the same white unicorn from when we were kids.
Our new favorite baby - Miles Thomas Tatum. He was born on September 29th at 7:09pm, and was 8 lbs 7 oz and 21 inches. We are so excited for our friends Matt & Megan and their new family of three! We can't wait to meet him!

0 comments:
Post a Comment