Thursday, November 3, 2011

Happy Halloween!

We had a great Halloween week, complete with snow! I hope you enjoy all the fun pictures. 

One of the things Nathan and I are loving about our new home is that we have been attending a great church, St. Patrick's. We have made a lot of new friends and have felt very welcome. This past week one of the families we met invited Jane to attend a special Halloween dance class with their daughter, June. Isn't that cute? Jane & June? :) Jane was VERY excited about going to "ballerina class." Her new costume wasn't ready yet so she borrowed her Rapunzel costume from Nana's house. It was a lot of fun watching her play and dance with the other kids. There was a one way window so we could see them during the class.




 They had a little snack after class. It seemed like Jane had a lot of fun.


We also had our first snow storm of the year last week - 12 to 18 inches in Greeley! Jane and I played outside during Henry's nap. She wanted to make a Captain Hook snowman and a pirate hideout. 



On Friday afternoon we took the kids sledding. It was Jane's first experience sledding and she loved it.



It was Henry's first time to play in the snow and he followed his sister's example - eating the snow.











Henry doesn't have a snowsuit yet - we couldn't find one in his size - so we ended up in the car watching Mickey Mouse and having a snack. Henry thought it was really fun to face forward and sit in sister's seat.

Saturday we went to Ft. Collins to do a little shopping and have dinner with the Perrichs and Aunt Emily & Ian. Brooks is starting to catch up with Henry, they are going to be running around together causing trouble in no time.

Nathan and Jane carved our pumpkins over the weekend while I was working. They decided to make them look like Bob and Larry from Veggietales. I think they turned out great!





Finally the day Jane has been waiting for, Halloween! I seriously think she has been anxiously waiting since last Halloween. If you remember, that's when her costume obsession started - with the bee. This year Jane had a fairy godmother who made her a beautiful Cinderella costume.



By Jane's decree, Henry was Cinderella's mouse, Gus Gus. Gramma got him his costume. He had a little trouble walking in it but he loved having it on.

Headed to a Halloween party hosted by some friends from church.

We met up and went trick or treating with a bunch of families from church before the party. Jane had a lot of fun going with so many other little girls. Our friends the Schmidts have twin girls - Sophie and Madeline - and they were dressed up as a super hero doggie and a bunny princess. :)




Ben and Henry were feeling a little left out I think. :) Next year boys! 

One of Jane's new friends, Rebekah. So sweet!

Another new friend and June's older sister, Audrey.


Dinner afterwards.

We stopped by Bob & Lynn Perrich's house and saw Britt too.

Lynn and Jane were having some sort of serious discussion. :)


And of course, the day after Halloween Jane had her costume on 5 minutes after she woke up. :)

Some fun pictures from playing at the park.



Our second snowstorm happened Monday night while I was working. Too bad there's no parking garage. 

2 comments:

Shaina,  November 3, 2011 at 12:02 PM  

I love that Cinderella costume- it turned out so cute! I also like the pictures of playing in the snow- your snowmen are way better than the ones we used to make :)

Anonymous,  November 4, 2011 at 10:56 AM  

I love Jane's costume...and the fact that she decided that Henry should be GusGus...too cute! I think I'm ready to move back to Greeley and hang out with all the friends and kiddos...but then the snow pictures give me doubts. Hope to see you at Christmas:)

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP