Wednesday, June 29, 2016

January 2016

We welcomed 2016 with a move to Papa and Nana's house. Right after Pete was born I tore the lateral meniscus in my right knee and developed a cyst because of the tear. When Pete was 9 months old I had a surgery that was supposed to correct it but it sadly did not work. After that failed attempt I decided to go see a surgeon in Vail who specializes in knees.  He recommended another surgery that meant 6 weeks of non-weight-bearing on crutches.  I had to wait until Adam was a couple months old but then we scheduled for the first week of January.  Of course there's no way I could've done it without the generosity of my parents! For 8 weeks they played mom for the three older kids, driving everyone to school, making meals, changing diapers, doing bedtimes, plus taking care of me! It was a lot of work! We loved our time with them. The kids loved Papa's extravagant breakfasts and Pete loved running errands with Papa. Everyone loved lots of snuggles and story times with Nana. 

Happy New Year from Adam!


A ski date for Jane and Daddy



A movie date :)


The weekend before my surgery I wanted to have a little time with Jane just the two of us. She has been asking for a while so I took her to get her ears pierced! It was an early birthday present :)


She was very brave!




Watching a Bronco game with Daddy




Everyone wanted a chance to snuggle Pete


One more story hour with the boys before I couldn't drive or walk!


On Surgery day Aunt Shaina came up to watch Adam at the condo we were staying at while the other kids were back in Greeley with Papa and Nana. Surgery went great, just what we wanted to hear! I had a few days of physical therapy in Vail and then we headed home. It was a lot harder than I had imagined and it probably didn't help me emotionally that I had a newborn too!


Hanging out in physical therapy under a signed Brandon Marshall jersey :) I think I should sign a picture of myself surrounded by all the kids and give it to them. ;) 


My sweet welcome home banners from the kids


Henry wanted to help set up my ice machine :)


My recovery buddy! At least I could pretty much take care of this little guy on my own from my chair. We did a lot of snuggling and sleeping together. 




Playtime with Adam




Jane's sweet card


Henry drew me a picture of some awesome super heroes!



Nathan took the big kids to our friend's house for Charlie's first birthday!


Ready for another Bronco game!




Epic snow fort in the making!



A little walk for Henry and Daddy down on the Poudre Trail.






My first outing was to the Moms and Muffins breakfast with Henry at his preschool. I'm so glad I was able to make it!



It's an EWOK! :)



Papa and Nana watched Pete and Adam one day so we could take Jane and Henry to a bird show in Fort Collins! It was amazing for our little bird lover. Her dreams of holding a Macaw came true!



This was probably one of the most fun moments of being a mom so far. She was so happy and excited, pure joy!



Mini-golf game at a school fundraiser with Daddy.


The annual Father-Daughter dance!



She loves dates with her Daddy. They had a great time dancing the night away.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP