Thursday, March 1, 2007

A night at the symphony...

Last Saturday night we decided to go to the free concert at the La Mirada Theatre. Nathan had read about it online and we thought it would be a fun new thing to do. Katie and Kevin joined us. It is put on four times a year by the La Mirada Symphony and this time it happened to be their "Pops" concert. They had music from musical theatre, TVshows and film. There was a major turn-out, but I suspect the reason for so many people was the special guest,

Mark Yu is an 8 year-old musical prodigy. He not only plays piano, but also the cello! When he came out on stage I would have guessed he was closer to five, he's so little! They brought out a special adapter for the foot pedals so he could reach, and a special piano bench. :) My favorite quote from his website: "Between piano and cello, I often practice up to 5 to 6 hours a day, even more when my mother lets me." After introducing Mark, the MC asked the audience, "What were you doing when you were 8 years old?" We had heard of Mark Yu before, he's been on several talk-shows, including Ellen, Oprah and the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. I'm including a few pictures from his website that I thought were cute.




It was really fun to see him play, it makes me wish I was so good at something!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP