Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Jane Abigail has arrived!


She's here! On Sunday morning Nathan and I went to the hospital for me to be induced since Jane was almost two weeks late. The morning was pretty uneventful while they were admitting me and trying to get me into labor. My doctor broke my water at 1:30 in the afternoon to get things moving and Jane made her grand appearance at 4:57! Needless to say it was fast and crazy! Nathan and I had prepared for labor by taking a hypno-birthing class, which basically just means deep relaxation. I totally believe that it helped my labor go so quickly, and until I was pretty far along I was able to stay in good control of the pain....the last hour or so is a different story! :) Nathan was amazing helping me through the difficult end stages of labor. He was right there, breathing and counting when it came time to bring Jane out into the world. He got to cut the cord too! One of the neat things was delivering where I work, so I got to hand-pick my nurse! My friend Kelly was great, I couldn't have done it without her supporting me in my decision not to have pain medication.
What a crazy day! And at the end of the crazy day we had our beautiful baby girl. She came out crying, making her first impression by pooping all over her mommy! :) Jane weighed 7 lbs 2oz and was 19 1/2 inches long! She started eating well right away and she got a clean bill of health from the pediatrician. She actually has some hair, something that surprised us since we both had little to none and it was blond! Jane's is pretty dark! She also has blue eyes at the moment, something that could change, but the pediatrician thought that since they are so light blue they probably won't. We left the hospital on Monday evening and have been trying since to settle into our new lives at home. Friends are bringing us meals, something we have greatly appreciated! Mostly, we are adjusting to the simple life of our new family...diaper changes, eating and sleeping! :) Nathan and I have worked out a pretty good system at night so that we both get some sleep. I don't want to brag, but he's a GREAT dad! Jane loves him so much and you can tell she recognizes his voice when he's taking care of her.
We want to thank everyone who has been praying for us and for Jane along the way. She is absolutely perfect, a true gift from God. We are very blessed!

All ready and admitted!


A few short hours later!


Born at 4:57 pm, 7 lbs 2 oz and 19 1/2 inches.


What a cutie pie!!



Dr. Feldman


My super nurse, Kelly!


Talking to an excited new Nana!




Our new family of three!







Footprints!


First bath!




Sleeping with Daddy.











Matching outfits made by Nana.




My labor and delivery girls.



Our first car ride...home!

5 comments:

Michael Swisher January 14, 2009 at 6:30 PM  

Nathan & Dani ... congratulations on bringing a beautiful & healthy baby into the world. She is absolutely beautiful! We cannot wait to see more pictures and watch her grow in the years to come. Love, Uncle Mike & Aunt Karen ..... and, Jackson & Zachary

dad January 14, 2009 at 6:47 PM  

Hey you two - she is just precious, absolutely beautiful! Tam, Em and I can't wait to meet her later this month (and see you too). I'm glad you're both good - Jane doesn't look like a newborn and Dani doesn't look like she just had a baby. Enjoy her, she is truly a gift. Nathan, you'll have to teach the secret hand code someday. Thank you for our first grandchild. granddad

Anonymous,  January 15, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

She is so beautiful!! You guys look great! Have fun being new parents & treasuring every moment. :)
Sarah J.

Anonymous,  January 15, 2009 at 5:43 PM  

Absolutely precious:) All 3 of you look so happy - Dani doesn't look like she just gave labor...w/out pain meds! Such a beautiful family - all our love and prayers!

THE PARSONS January 18, 2009 at 9:37 AM  

She is SOOOOOO beautiful! Dani, I am so proud of you and so happy for you both!!
lots of love!
ash

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP