Saturday, January 10, 2009

Our 42 week Journey

Jane has yet to make her appearance on the outside so tomorrow morning I will be induced. For the past two weeks we have tried every natural induction method known to man, with no success. Walking, running stairs, hiking, spicy foods, special eggplant recipes, greek salads, bumpy rides in the Jeep, herbal supplements...none of it works on Jane. (this is not an exhaustive list, but I like to think our blog is PG. :) We are crossing our fingers she changes her mind in the next 15 hours, but are not holding our breath. :)
Thank you to everyone who has been praying for her safe and speedy arrival! She is on her own time, but I will be 42 weeks on Tuesday and the time has come. The past 10 months have been an amazing experience for Nathan and I, and we've loved sharing it with our family and friends. I put together a little slideshow of pictures from that time, it is kind of long, but I know at least two sets of grandparents-to-be who will enjoy it!


Our little baby was about to make her presence known!


Jane was here...watching her Daddy graduate with his master's degree!


Our first family photo!

Jane's first picture.

10 weeks pregnant at Ashley's wedding! It was still a secret. :)

Things to come...

12 week "belly"...little did I know!

12 week ultrasound
Hiking in Yosemite for Nathan's 26th birthday.
14 weeks


19 weeks

19 1/2 week ultrasound, confirmation that Jane was a girl!

20 weeks, visiting Colorado
23 1/2 weeks, out for dinner!


Our new apartment, with a room for Jane!

Beach day at 25 1/2 weeks!

27 week ultrasound

Halloween at Disneyland, 28 weeks.

Jane at 30 1/2 weeks, our little angel!
We can't wait to really see her!

31 weeks, this is Nathan's beer, don't worry!


31 weeks at Abby's wedding, Jane's second wedding!

32 weeks at my baby shower.

Daddy putting together Jane's crib.
Working on the nursery with Nana, 32 weeks.
Jane's beautiful room, finished!

Titus wanted to know why I couldn't just "open" so he could see the baby, 33 weeks.

34 weeks at my Hoag baby shower.

Thanksgiving with the Swishers, 35 weeks.


36 1/2 weeks at our Christmas party.

My pregnancy photo shoot at 36 weeks.

37 1/2 weeks, going to the Anesthesia party.

38 weeks and visiting the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library.

38 1/2 weeks at Seaworld.


39 weeks, Merry Christmas!


Making eggplant parmesan, guaranteed to induce labor, HA!

40 weeks, it's your due date Jane!
41 weeks


Out for dessert at the Melting Pot at 41 1/2 weeks, what's the deal Jane?! :)



3 comments:

Anonymous,  January 10, 2009 at 7:51 PM  

We'll be praying for you tomorrow. I am very anxious to see Jane, I can't even imagine how anxious you two must be after 42 WEEKS!!! What a journey - the slideshow almost made me cry:) Love you two...wait three!

Unknown,  January 11, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

We are anxiously awaiting our text to let us know she has arrived! Thanks for allowing us to share in this experience with you - we love you guys and are SO excited :) :)

Ginny,  January 11, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

Sweet slide show! :) We're praying and every time I get a text I JUMP for the phone! Can't wait to see precious Jane!

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP