Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Week

Wow! As I was putting together pictures for this week's update I realized that we took A LOT of pictures! :) It has been a fun week, trying to savor Nathan's last few days off before he starts at his new practicum site. We made another trip to Disney with Jane on Wednesday. We saw the Playhouse Disney show, something we had never done before. :) Jane didn't really know what to think but she liked all of the kids dancing around us.
On Sunday we drove to Redondo for the afternoon and had a beach day with Aunt Megan! We had a great time playing in the ocean and then we went back to Megan's for a barbecue. The food was great, she even sent us home with extra.
Monday we had The Durhams and Tessa over for our own barbecue. Nathan made Thai steak skewers, which we all loved. He's getting to be a great chef on the grill. Mary Mayes and Jane were the most entertaining part of the evening. They were babbling to each other and dancing in their highchairs. (I'm including a video) :) After dinner Tessa babysat while Nathan & I went out on a date, to Disney! We got to ride some roller-coasters and watch the fireworks. Today we are back to the real world. Nathan starts at his practicum site on Thursday and I head back into work for 2 nights and a call shift. On Friday Jane turns 8 months old!!

Playing under Daddy's feet at his new desk

Playing with the new favorite toys

Her shirt says it all...

Meeting the Incredibles

Riding the bug train



Jane loves her new snow-globe from Aunt Megan!
That's a Wii remote in her hands, another grown-up toy, yay!

Mary Mayes spent an hour with us on Saturday afternoon while her parents were out. Jane decided that she wanted everything that MM had. She is pretty territorial, a new side we hadn't seen before. Good thing MM was a good sport.

Playing with her new flash-cards from Grammy & Grampy Craig
At Aunt Megan's house
Surf's up!

It takes two to dress our wiggly worm!

Jane got a new bathing suit because her mommy & daddy forgot hers at home. Clearance at Target, not too bad!




Jane LOVES the ocean! She doesn't even mind when the waves splash her in the face, a true California girl.
Playing with Aunt Megan




On Monday I was headed into Jane's room and she started crawling after me. When I looked back she had climbed up onto the wall and she walked along the wall the whole way to her room. :) She's deciding that she's too big to crawl now.
Jane's been curling her tongue under lately, I think it's really cute. :)
Watching Daddy work outside
I love these pictures with her reflection in the glass

Dinner with the Durhams and Tessa



This video is of the girls dancing in their highchairs. Mary Mayes usually dances like crazy to this song but she was shy. :)

This is just a video of all of us being silly. :)

3 comments:

Ashley Jones September 9, 2009 at 8:06 AM  

she is getting so much bigger! all that gabbing and squealing and moving and climbing. The pictures don't do her ajility justice! Miss you guys! Seems like worlds away to get back to you all, and Jane is getting bigger by the minute! Keep updating your blog. I love catching up with it!

Nana,  September 9, 2009 at 3:12 PM  

I just want to see what the hidden camera on the parents caught during the dinner dance video ... ;) The girls sure thought you'all were silly

Ginny September 9, 2009 at 5:37 PM  

You sure did take a lot of pictures for one weekend! Sounds like someone else I know :) She is chunking up and looking cute as ever! Keep the pictures coming!

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP