Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Four weeks until our big move!

Four weeks from tomorrow we will be leaving California, headed for Colorado Springs, Colorado. It is a bittersweet time for us. We are leaving lots of friends and the only home Jane has ever known. I am especially going to miss my job and I'm not really looking forward to finding something new. On the other hand, we are excited to be moving back to Colorado, closer to our families and a lot of "old" friends. We are excited about being close to lots of hiking and skiing again too. We will see about the weather. :)
Before we leave we are trying to savor all of our "last days" in California and this week was no exception. We had fun with Jane at the water-park one day, a day at Disney and we celebrated the 4th on the beach with friends.

The window-washers got a little help. :)

Jane pulled my bluetooth out of my purse, held it up to her ear and said, "hi." I guess I talk on it a lot in the car. :)

So serious...Jane had to warm up occasionally while we were at the water-park.



Our little daredevil made her daddy take her on this water-slide over and over. :)


I really wish I would have had the video camera with me during our visit to Disney. Jane was playing with Tigger for almost 5 minutes. He was running around, hiding behind things until she found him and she was laughing the whole time. The other moms in line were taking pictures of Jane and couldn't believe how much she loved him. I am really going to miss that!



Fourth of July. We went to a new beach with some friends where we could have a fire-pit. Jane didn't know what to think of the fire. She said "hot" a lot during the evening. :)


Checking out the fire.


Watching the fireworks with Matt.

2 comments:

Katie,  July 7, 2010 at 6:20 AM  

I am happy to be one of those "old" friends you'll be seeing soon. :) Also, I love that Jane is sponsored by Golden Spoon. Be sure to eat some extra before you leave CA!!

Ginny,  July 7, 2010 at 6:04 PM  

What a little cutie! I enjoyed catching up with you last night, take care of that sweet growing family of yours!

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP