Monday, October 11, 2010

Jane is 21 months!


Okay, it freaks me out a little that she is 21 months because it means her brother will be here in about a month! I am 35 weeks this week so only 5 weeks away from my due date. Jane is full of energy and it's hard being so tired all the time. It's a lot more fun when Nathan is home too. She is pretty much repeating every word she hears now so if you're around, be careful! I said "crap" the other day and she was saying it for 5 minutes afterward. I haven't heard it again though, so maybe she forgot about it. Or she's waiting for some really inappropriate moment to remember. :) She is also very helpful. She is happiest when she is helping us do something...throwing away trash, unloading the dishwasher, folding the laundry. I hope that it continues once her baby brother is here!
Work has been going well, it's been nice to get out of the house (and I've been joking that it is almost easier to be at work than chasing Jane around...it's not really a joke though.) :) I'm trying to get used to a slower pace - the hospital I worked at in California did about 500 deliveries a month and we only do around 150 at Memorial North where I'm working now.
I'm glad I got to start work before our little one's arrival though. I have heard nothing but good things from the nurses about the nurse midwife that I picked for my own delivery. She has been really great at my appointments and I'm excited to have a different kind of experience this time around.
Anyway, we had a busy week and I have lots of pictures!

At the beginning of the week Nathan decided it was pumpkin carving time! Jane liked helping Daddy, especially when it came to pulling out all the seeds.






Nathan did all the work...I sat in a beach chair watching and taking pictures. :)


The one on the right is the "Elmo" pumkin. :)


Jane's shirt says "Daddy's under my spell."

The wink.

I know it turned out blurry but I still really like this picture.


Thursday Nana & Uncle Matt came for a trip to the zoo. Anyone who's read our blog for a while might notice the similarities between our zoo visits and how much we used to go to Disney. We had to replace it with something!
Jane liked getting to "show" Uncle Matt how to feed the giraffe. She held onto his hand for a long time, showing him around. :)


Watching the mountain lions.




We watched this baby gorilla walk up to his mama and snuggle up - so sweet!

After her nap Uncle Matt & Nana surprised Jane with some new toys - animals from the zoo! She is already learning all of their names. She might get the Okapi and the Tapir confused though, her mommy can't always remember which is which. (sorry Uncle Matt!)


A fall morning at the park. Jane won't go outside without her hat and coat anymore, even if it's not that cold.

Our little beach baby still loves playing in the sand with her "buckets," even if it is just in a sandbox.


On Saturday Daddy & Jane went to the Focus on the Family welcome center. I've been hearing about how great their kid play area is and they ended up having a great time.

The toddler play area, Camp what-a-nut.

They have a puppet show area and a stage with it's own costume closet!







Playing in the airplane.



2 comments:

Anonymous,  October 12, 2010 at 3:22 AM  

You look great Dani! And Nathan, you did an awesome job with the Elmo pumpkin! Jane just keeps getting cuter every month, seriously! Every time I read your blog I have to show Roger how cute she is and then follow it up with "I need one!". Hope to see you in December and meet the little guy too:)

Denice Butcher,  October 14, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

I miss you, my Friend! It's amazing & fun to watch Jane growing up so big. I only regret not getting in all the playtime with her and Ben when you were here. So many missed opportunities and Disney days :0( Is it really the 5 week countdown to baby Henry joining your family? See how fast it has gone? I hope you're resting when you can. Thank you for sharing all your wonderful stories & photos!!!

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP