First week on our own!
This past week Nathan went back to work and all of our visitors went home. That means I just spent my first week alone with two kiddos. I could say that it was really crazy but it wasn't that bad since our new little man sleeps most of the day. He did have his meals interrupted several times because of big sister's demands though. :) I think that things will really get crazy when Henry wakes up and starts moving.
Jane is talking all the time, she's even forming some basic sentences now. Some of her favorite phrases are pretty funny: "cars everywhere" (anything can take the place of cars, that's just the most frequently used when we are driving), "boy hiding" "pete go?" "elliott go?" "mean people" "fall mud" (all references to her favorite movie, "Pete's Dragon"), "go Broncos" & "Tim Tebow!" She's also very concerned about where the leaves on the trees went - she asks me every time we are outside. There are also some phrases she has learned that we wish she didn't know and we're not sure where they came from: "move it!", "go away." :)
Another funny thing is that after hating to eat meat for so long Jane now lives almost completely on chicken nuggets. She wants them for breakfast, lunch & dinner. On Friday she sat in her highchair chanting "nuggets, nuggets, nuggets" starting at 10:30am. :) I tried to explain that nuggets are not breakfast food, but she didn't believe me.
Henry is our little snuggler. He sleeps all the time - so much that his Nana thinks he never opens his eyes. We are excited to see how his personality develops. He is so relaxed and chill - he even sleeps through his sister's tantrums. :)
I have lots of new pictures this week - enjoy!
Jane asked me out of the blue if she could "hold Henry." So sweet!




Kelsey babysat Jane on Thursday for a couple hours while I took Henry to get his blood drawn. Jane loves spending time with Kelsey - it is such a blessing to have her close by!

Henry's favorite activity.
Papa & Nana came down for the day on Saturday. Jane was making Papa dress up two minutes after they got here. :)
His eyes are open!! :)
What a cheesy kid!
We made a trip to Babies R Us to get a new double stroller - thank you Granddad & Gramma!! Jane sweet-talked Papa & Nana into a new costume while we were there. Minnie Mouse!

"Baby" Jane.

3 comments:
I love all these photos! Henry looks so much like Jane to me! So cute! Hope to meet him soon!!
Pssshhh.. like we ever had any doubt you could handle two. I mean, come on, if you can handle Janey, what's one more?! :) Love the photos. LOVE the Minnie Mouse dress, too. Such a girly girl!
Such cute kiddos...just like their parents:) I hope we get to see the whole family while we're in CO.
Post a Comment