Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's March??

I was just working on Henry's first year calendar and I realized that today is the first of March! Where did February go? My baby will be 4 months old soon! The time goes faster than you are ever prepared for. Sometimes I look at my life now and think, how did I get here? How do I have two kids now? This afternoon while I was putting Henry to sleep Jane came to tell me she had to go to the bathroom. The next thing I knew I was squatting in the bathroom, helping Jane clean up while trying to bounce Henry in my other arm so he didn't wake up. :) I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been there, but I felt pretty ridiculous. There is nothing harder or more rewarding than being a Mommy!
In more Swisher family news, Jane decided to climb out of her crib during her nap on Sunday. We were faced with the prospect of moving her into a toddler bed - or praying she didn't break anything every time she decided to jump out of the crib. Jane is not a great sleeper. She wakes up in the middle of the night and talks to herself at least once or twice a week. A squirmy, talkative toddler joining us in our bed several times a night (especially since Henry is still sleeping in a co-sleeper next to me) did not sound fun. So, we came up with another solution. A crib tent! Nathan set it up last night and guess what? No more crib jumping! Jane slept wonderfully all night and during nap-time today. Nathan told her it was like Elliot's cave (from Pete's Dragon) and she loves it. :) It is the best invention ever. You may be thinking we should just deal with her getting out of bed since all kids do that, but we love our few hours of sleep too much right now. Maybe in a few months after Henry is in his own room we will attempt the switch to a big-girl bed, but not today. :)

I've been trying to remember some things Jane has been saying this week and here is a sample:

Me: "Jane, are you listening to Mommy?" Jane: "No, I don't!"

Nathan went to get Jane out of bed in the morning like he always does and she said "Good morning beautiful daughter!"

Last night she told us, "Hi guys!"

She told Nathan this morning "Daddy looks like little boy blue."

Jane does so many funny things every day it is hard to keep track of them all. One of my favorites from this week is that she named her baby "Baby Tia." It is the first time she has come up with a name for one of her dolls/stuffed animals. We're pretty sure she's never heard that name before so who knows where it came from!
I can't leave Henry out - he is such a sweet baby. He loves watching Jane play and laughs at the crazy things she does. He also loves to be rocked, which we love too. He spends a lot of time in his swing and he is spending more and more time sitting in the Bumbo seat. We are just so in love with our little man.
Get ready because Granddad & Gramma are coming to visit over the weekend so we will have a fun update next week. Well, that's enough talk for the week, now for some pictures! I got some great sibling shots.


Jane wanted Henry to sit in her lap. This is what happened:










Henry is always trying to sit up on his own. Even when I prop him in the corner of the couch so he is sitting up already he leans forward until he's sitting himself - then he falls over. :)


Jane and I were waiting for our cookies to come out of the oven and decided to do a little coloring. She thought it was SO fun that I let her color on the counter. I love washable crayons! :)


I put Henry in the bumbo seat and then left the room for a minute. When I came back Jane was reading her Sesame Street Easter book to him. It was one of my favorite brother-sister moments so far. I am so glad that they will always have each other!





I LOVE this picture! He loves his sister so much, it's so sweet.





3 comments:

Shaina,  March 2, 2011 at 10:59 AM  

Okay so the pictures of Jane reading to Henry are adorable!! They are such cute kids Dani- thanks for making the rest of us look bad lol. I miss my niece and nephew, I have to come visit again soon!

Christy Gamache,  March 2, 2011 at 4:00 PM  

Precious pictures! What a great older sister Jane is.

Ginny,  March 3, 2011 at 12:57 PM  

Precious! Henry looks so much like Jane! And I feel ya about the crib thing, I just did it because Jack can't open doors yet so at least he has to stay in his room! :)

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP