Princesses, Pigtails & a Little Man
A lot of my pictures this week are from our cell phones. :) I'm not sure why but I didn't take a lot of pictures! I guess we were busy. I was on call Friday night and worked Saturday night...maybe that should be my excuse? Anyway, it was a fun week, just like always. Our kids are growing way too fast and I can't seem to give them enough kisses. I'm so glad I get to document everything so well. I know I will be an old lady watching my videos and looking at pictures, wishing to have this time in our lives back. We are trying to enjoy it in the moment and appreciate everything we have been blessed with.

We took Jane to Chuckee Cheese on Saturday for lunch and she had a lot of fun. This was her favorite ride, even though it doesn't look like it in this picture. :) She was so serious! It was kind of a blast from the past taking her there. I heard the birthday song "you're a birthday star at chuckee cheese, we say happy, you say birthday" and I can't stop thinking about Matt's birthday party (parties?) there now.

Henry had a great time too. :) He liked all of the lights.

On one of the 60 degree days we went to the park. Jane LOVES this little spin thing. The only time she wasn't on it was when I made her let other kids take turns. :) She stood close by so she could jump on again right when they were done.

She did decide to go down the tallest slide, all by herself. It's hard for me to keep up with Henry in the baby bjorn.


Some days when it is semi-nice weather I let Jane play on the back deck and I watch from the windows. This day she re-organized the deck furniture.
Henry has started sucking on his hand, usually the back of his hand. He really goes for it. :)
I LOVE this little man! He brings us so much joy! He's a pretty big mama's boy right now and I secretly like it. When anyone else is holding him he is looking around for where I am. I always get big smiles too. He's going to get to sleep in our room for a while still I think. We tried making the switch this week but I missed my little snuggler and he missed his mommy. :)
After trying for months I finally convinced Jane to let me put pigtails in her hair!! Jane is pretty opinionated about everything. If it wasn't her idea, you better forget about it so I guess it was probably her idea to let me do her hair. Of course I had about 10 seconds to get it done before she was on to the next thing...that's my excuse for why they aren't even. :)

Jane is very into Disney princesses right now. She knows all of their names and the names of their princes. She is alternating right now between wanting to watch Enchanted (with Princess Giselle) and Cinderella. The songs are usually the main attraction but one day she made me rewind the part when Cinderella is "getting married" about 20 times. What a girly girl!
Wearing her Cinderella costume over her Cinderella t-shirt. Don't you LOVE the pigtails? It makes her look so grown up!
Mommy & her little man!
This picture is courtesy of Nana. She came to my rescue this week when she drove down on Monday night so she could babysit bright and early Tuesday morning. I had to take a class for work and I'm pretty sure my educator was about to fire me if I didn't get it done ASAP.
Jane and Henry had fun with Nana and she was reminded of how "fun" it is to juggle two little ones! It's been about 26 years since she had a toddler and an infant (Shaina and I are the same age difference as Jane & Henry). Another reminder of how grateful I am to be closer to family. I don't know what I would have done otherwise!
The post-nap daze. :)

We were playing in the basement and she thought it would be fun to push Henry in her baby doll stroller. I fastened him in really well and followed very closely. Henry actually really liked it. He was all smiles.

I broke out the walk-around toy that we had when Jane was learning to walk. Henry's feet don't touch the ground (not even close) but he leans forward in the seat and balances pretty well. He really liked being able to see what his big sister was up to from a better view than the floor.
4 comments:
Wow! Busy people! So can I come down and visit you guys next week while I am on Spring Break?
love the pigtails. and i can't believe how big henry is now.
Vasha
such cute kids! and yes, the pig tails are ADORABLE! Hopefully she'll keep thinking they are a good idea!:)
meagan
Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful children (in pictures) with us---we look forward to seeing them again soon. You are loved. Grams.
Post a Comment