Colorado weather
Living on the west coast for the last 10 years made me forget how crazy the weather here can really be. This week reminded me!
We've been stuck inside a lot this winter and especially lately with our family cold that seems to hang on forever. Henry got it this week and it has been sad listening to him breathe through his little congested nose. Despite our sickness we were really excited when it was 75 degrees, sunny, and less wind than normal on Saturday. Jane and I broke out the sunscreen and flip flops as fast as we could and spent the afternoon out on the deck. Then, in true Colorado style, Sunday afternoon the snow was back! Hopefully that will be our last snowfall of the year, since it is now April! It makes our day so much more enjoyable when we can spend some of it outside. I can't wait for summertime! :)
Now for some fun pictures, it has been a while since I posted so there are lots!

Jane, playing at the school playground near my parent's house.
We went to Greeley again last weekend because Nathan and I wanted to go to our friends' birthday party. Everyone dressed up like someone from a viral youtube video. I went as Miss Teen South Carolina and Nathan dressed like Susan Boyle. It was pretty hilarious seeing everyone's costumes and watching funny videos. Thanks to my mom's costume closet, Nathan won the costume contest! If you want to see pictures you'll have to ask me sometime in person - when Nathan's not around. :)

First time on a teeter-totter. :)



Helping Nana clean the glass in the door.




Henry thinks he's a big kid now.

For those of you who don't know, Disney's new movie - Tangled, came out on DVD last Tuesday. We got it for Jane because we were trying to cheer up our sick little girl. I've seen it about a dozen times in the past week. :) She LOVES it, especially Rapunzel's little chameleon - Pasqual, and the horse - Maximus. It renewed her interest in playing with her rocking horse who is now named Maximus. She feeds him play food out of her boot and she also chases Nathan and I around trying to lick our ears (things that happen in the movie).
One of the colder days Jane really wanted to go outside. Henry and I watched from the warm house.

My college roommate, Erin, knit this adorable hat for Henry! I love it!

Henry liked being outside this week too, when it was warm.

Jane thought the mountain of new mulch at the park was great.

Enjoying our deck on Saturday!



Check out that bed-head!

3 comments:
I love the picture of Jane on the tetter-totter with that hat on! She is so cute!
Great pictures Dani! I love the one of you and Henry in his super cute hat your friend made. The weather here in DC is doing the same weird thing. I guess we were just too spoiled in California.
Cute pictures! They're getting so big, especially JANE! Precious!
Post a Comment