Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Is it summer yet?

Here I am, behind on posting again. It seems like it used to be so easy to post once a week but lately we've been BUSY and I've been tired. :) Enjoy all of the pictures! We've been having a great spring!

Jane (with a little help from Mommy) made an Easter cross to hang on the window. We used colored tissue so it looks like stained glass.



Silly girl

We love it when Jane wears her hair up and out of her face. She likes it now too so it's happening more often. She looks so old with it pinned back!


Hanging out on the new playset - we love it! 




Nathan and I had our first weekend away since having children! Jane & Henry were equally excited for their weekend at Papa & Nana's house. On our way out of town we stopped to meet Elijah - our friends Nate & Jen's new baby boy. 


Meanwhile...back at home Nana let the kids get out the pool.




Henry was wiped out after a walk on the trail.


So was Papa. 



Nathan and I stayed Friday night at The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park. The last time we were there together was back in 2000 for my senior prom - of course we were there with different dates. :)


We went on the history and ghost tour - it was a little long but fun to hear some of the history.


Saturday we had breakfast at the hotel and then spent the morning shopping in Estes. It was a gorgeous day - high 70s.




Henry & Jane went to the zoo with Papa & Nana!





LOVE this little shirt from the Tatums. It was the perfect St. Patrick's Day outfit!


Saturday night we stayed in Downtown Denver. We shopped a little and then met up with my sister, her fiance and my brother for dinner. We even went out to an Irish pub for beer. 
Nathan and I really enjoyed our time away - getting to do adult things and most of all sleeping. 


Back at home after our busy weekend Jane and I made blueberry muffins for breakfast. She loves helping me in the kitchen - sometimes I have to step back and be in the moment so I don't worry about how messy it is. :)


Inspired by her latest Fancy Nancy book Jane decided we needed to have an Ooh La La Beauty Spa day. It mostly just meant manicures and pedicures but we had fun. I didn't have the heart to take it off until she went to bed - she was so proud that she did Mommy's nails.


Pretending to be Aunt Emily and her horse Buster :)


Laying in the yard, watching the clouds go by.




We had more great weather this past weekend and we took a family bike ride to the funplex.


This was one of the first times we took Henry on the bike - funny since Jane rode it every day with me at this age!


We packed a picnic to eat at the park.


Henry almost fell asleep on the way home...


Jen's baby shower with baby Eli - it was fun to catch up with her and Sara.


Saturday night Nathan and I took Jane to see Disney on Ice at the Budweiser Event Center in Loveland!! We prepped Jane by telling her that all of her favorite friends from Disneyland were coming to Colorado to visit her. :) She LOVED it. It is so fun to watch her reactions because you know she just thinks it is all magic. She chose to dress up like her favorite - Minnie. 



Eating her snow cone in a special Cinderella goblet.


LOVE those smiles and giggles!






She actually got a hug from Daisy - someone she has never seen before at Disney but I had my phone on video!


A hug from Pocohantas! 


She couldn't wait to show Minnie that they were dressed the same. :)


What a magical evening with our favorite little princess! 




Living it up out on the deck.



Jane's house from Granddad & Gramma has a new occupant and he's pretty sure it is his house - 
not his sister's. Henry is growing and changing so fast! He has started trying to talk more finally - he will mimic words you say to him now. He loves being outside and will stand at the door complaining until Jane and I are ready to go out. He is also bringing home the difference between boys and girls. At the end of the day when we've been out in the backyard Henry is filthy dirty - covered from head to toe in dirt, mud, sand & snacks. I love it!



1 comments:

Shaina,  March 29, 2012 at 2:15 PM  

Oh Dani- your posts always make me smile- you were going to get an annoyed e-mail. Thanks for finally posting! I love seeing my favorite niece and nephew :)

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP