Summer Catch-Up Part One
Once again I've gotten WAY behind in posting pictures. I guess you can just expect it now that we have number three on the way in less than 10 weeks! :) Enjoy part one of my catching up!
Nathan took the kids to Windsor Beach on a Saturday morning. They had a great time playing the sand.
Love these two...wish they always got along this well! :)
Jane woke me up one morning with a bug she had caught somewhere in the house...what a pleasant surprise.
Henry was watching Jane collect dirt and food for her bug.
In the middle of July one of our best friends, Kody, got married. Nathan was one of Kody's groomsman and we had a great time at the wedding.
I snagged these pictures from Kody and Renee's photographer pictures. It cracked me up that there were three of Jane, all by herself. :) She's photogenic, when she wants to be!
I think this is a keeper. I love this picture!
All the ladies, including those that married into the group.
Some of the old group from high school youth group days.
Saint Patrick's held our first VBS this summer. My job was running the recreation time for all the different classes. I was WORN out at the end of the week. :)
Jane's class
I was incredibly bummed to miss this night! Nathan took the kids to see The Lorax at the park by our house. It sounded like they had a great time.
Nathan and the kids have been playing "soccer practice" in the backyard the last few weeks. It is pretty hilarious to watch. Starting next week Nathan is coaching his first real practice - a team of 4 & 5 year olds for the city recreation league. :) I'm sure I will have a lot of great pictures from that! The team ended up being a lot of kids from church so it should be really fun.
During the week of vacation Bible school Henry, and then Jane and I, came down with hand, foot and mouth virus. It was yucky and sad...blisters, fever and all. This is how I found Jane one morning, at the foot of our bed when she had a fever.
In spite of being sick we had a fun week, on lock-down at our house.
My sweet little pirate babysitter.
See his poor little hands! They were peeling for weeks, poor boy.
One of our projects during the week of sickness, a tunnel system.
Ice cream sundaes for blistered little mouths.
Being the generous friends we are, we gave our nasty little virus to our friends, the Schmidt family. Meagan and I decided to have a quarantine barbecue since we couldn't see anyone else. :)
The Arts Picnic.
Goofy outfit day
No rest for Daddy
This morning I heard Henry talking to himself on the monitor so I told him he could get out of bed and come find me in my room (he won't get up unless you tell him it's okay). Then I heard him mess with the door and pretty soon he starting saying that the door was locked to his room. I sent Jane to try it, thinking he just couldn't get it open, but it was definitely locked. It is a doorknob with an actual key so I called my parents to see if they still had the key that went to it. My dad came over about 10 minutes later with a box full of old loose keys and started trying them. It only took 20-25 tries. :) Meanwhile, Jane was shoving things under the door to keep Henry entertained. It was pretty funny since we were able to get him out without too much trouble. I now have the key and have taught Henry how to unlock the door in case he does it again. :)
My good friend Katie asked me if I would come to Colorado Springs and be her labor coach when she had her baby in the beginning of August. I was more than happy to and had a lot of fun being there to meet Macy Mae when she entered the world! :) I told Katie the part about it being fun and I think she wanted to punch me.
This was one of those "Mom! Take a picture of me and send it to Daddy" moments. They were wearing his shirt and thought they were very funny.
Granddad's annual trip to Sturgis ended up meaning visits on his way out and his way home. On his first stop here we went to the Greeley train museum.
Seriously looking for the dinosaurs (they hide about 8 throughout the scenery and there is a prize if you find them all).
Lunch out at JB's Drive In. I don't think I've been there in 15 years and it's exactly the same. The kids love the phone and the root beer floats, just like Shaina, Matt and I did.
This was one of those epic fail nights for the Swisher family. We thought it would be a lot of fun to go to the free Bronco scrimmage game that they were having at Mile High. As we were getting ready to leave we were slammed with a MAJOR hail storm, tornadoes, rain, wind and flooding...we turned around a few minutes from home. I'm very glad we did because some of our friends had shattered windshields trying to drive in it. When the hail stopped we got back in the car and headed to Denver. The weather channel said that the storm was going to bypass Denver until late that night. As we pulled into the parking lot at the stadium it started down pouring. The game was post-poned so we just waited it out in the van for a while. Jane and Nathan took a trip to the bathroom and came back completely soaking wet, even with rain jackets on. So, when they decided to play in the rain 45 minutes later we decided to go home. We couldn't see having our little kids sit in the rain for a couple hours. It was a major bummer!
Jane and Mommy smiling because we got to stop for dinner at one of our favorite Italian buffets on the way home.
Jane was trying to help me convince Henry to get dressed for church by putting on his clothes.
On a Sunday afternoon when Henry and I were napping Nathan took Jane to a roller skating rink in Ft. Collins. Jane had a lot of fun, they even played black-out. :)
I was cleaning the kitchen when Jane came running in laughing saying, "Mom! You have to see Henry!"
My birthday was on a Wednesday and Nathan works late so the kids and I celebrated with a walk after dinner and popsicles.
A trip to the zoo with Nana and Lara. The big lion was loud and roaming around.
Henry said was that he really wanted to see a crocodile.
My new favorite show at the Denver Zoo, featuring Bodie, the swimming elephant.
On our way home from the zoo we took a detour and visited Aunt Shaina at her school. I had never been there since she started teaching in Bennett so it was fun to see where she spends her days.
Shaina kept Jane and Henry entertained with stacks of English books to reach the white-board.
Henry improved on his stack when Jane got bored and abandoned hers.
Nathan took me out for my birthday to one of my favorite places. The baby bump is about 30 weeks.
The kids always have fun washing the cars with Granddad.
Eating out at the Rio downtown.
One of Henry's outfit choices, his sister's hat and tap shoes.
Back at our favorite spot on the way up to Estes Park.
Laughing at her "coach" during "soccer practice."
Henry had to spend some time on the bench for hair-pulling. Nana commented later that it should have been a red-card.
The kids had been begging to play with the whistle so they were pretty excited when Nathan said yes.
When the kids were in charge they made the coach run a lap around the shed.











































3 comments:
Finally! I feel like I check the blog every Monday and am always bummed that there are no new posts- thanks for sharing Dani- these really are the highlight of my Mondays! You're kids are so cute! I love the wedding pictures of Jane!
Finally! I feel like I check the blog every Monday and am always bummed that there are no new posts- thanks for sharing Dani- these really are the highlight of my Mondays! You're kids are so cute! I love the wedding pictures of Jane!
Oh, How I miss JB's I can't believe you stayed away from there for 15 years!!! It is one of our favorites. I always check the blog and have loved watching your kids grow, I wish we had stayed closer, I think we would have been great friends as adults had life not taken us in such different directions. I am very happy for you Danielle. (I never did call you Dani ;) Jenny
Post a Comment