Friday, September 12, 2014

Shane & Kelsey's Wedding!

The last weekend in July we went to Salida, Colorado to celebrate with my cousin Kelsey! Kelsey and Shane are high school sweethearts with a similar story to Nathan and I, just 10 years later! :) Kelsey and I became good friends (as adults) when we were living in Colorado Springs and I am so excited for her and this new chapter in her life! Jane and Henry were also in the wedding and they were thrilled!

My Uncle John had a new baby girl, Kaylee, 3 weeks before Pete was born! It was fun finally getting to meet her and watching them steal toys from each other! :) I kept wanting to call her my niece but she's actually my first cousin! 


The rehearsal dinner was at a fun park - the kids loved being able to play.



The morning of the wedding we decided to play at the pool in the hotel and have lunch on the river. (Sorry Kelsey! I'm pretty sure we would have been more trouble than help!) 


The kids love playing in the river!







After we got the boys down for naps (a definite must for the little ring bearer!) I took Jane over to the hotel where the big girls were getting ready. My Uncle John's older girls, Jenny and Emily, were also flower girls. They had a great time getting their hair and nails done! 


The wedding was in this beautiful open field in the middle of the mountains! The pictures are going to be amazing I'm sure!


I think they are probably the cutest flower girl and ring bearer ever. They are also becoming pros at these jobs! If you want to hire them out, you just have to provide a pretty dress and a new pirate sword. :)


Henry was very proud that Kelsey trusted him with the REAL rings! 


The wedding was just about to start when it started raining…




We prayed with Kelsey before the wedding and she said an extra prayer for the rain to stop!



Kelsey's prayer was answered very soon! The rain stopped within minutes!







Kelsey told Henry he could switch out his sign for a sword and everyone walked out to the theme from Pirates of the Caribbean. :)





My little pirate Pete! :)

Love my handsome little man!




Kelsey and her flower girls!




Kelsey's gift to Henry was a treasure chest full of pirate accessories.



First dance under the stars, surrounded by guests with sparklers! So beautiful!


Watching the Father-Daughter dance…someday I will cry my eyes out at one of those.


Henry found a pirate pal in my cousin Emily. She also introduced him to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - his new craze.


I had a lot of fun dancing with my boy!


The little boy crashed! 


Jenny wanted everyone to dance with her. Matt had to take a turn!


1 comments:

Ashley,  September 16, 2014 at 9:44 AM  

Ok, first of all, your family is just beautiful! Love the photos of all of you! But I cannot even handle how handsome Henry is. We seriously need to arrange He and Sophie getting married in the future! :) And I LOVE your hair short! Looks beautiful on you! :) Miss you guys as always!

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP