Thursday, October 8, 2015

September 2015

Look who finally caught up with the blog! It was my goal to catch up before our newest little man joins the family.  He is due in two weeks so I guess I'm just in time. September has been a busy month, settling into the new school year and getting ready for baby. 

As soon as Jane learned how to ride her bike, Henry decided he needed to give it a shot too. He is doing pretty well!



I asked Jane to help me get Pete's shoes on him...she's using the one leg pin technique I came up with when Jane was Pete's age. Swisher kids do not sit still for anything.


I asked Pete who did this and he said, "Me, I did." :)


Henry's visitation day at preschool, excited to start his second year at Wee Love!





A fun last day in the backyard pool!


Tea with my girl. This is one of my favorite times with Jane. She loves to sit and chat and it doesn't have to be fancy, just spending time together.


They were a little too quiet and I found them mixing a "potion." Not sure Daddy liked it much when he had to dump it out. :)



Another Friday Fest night in downtown Greeley!


All ready for Henry's first soccer game.


Go Cubs! 


Nathan spent the first weekend in September taking the kids on individual dates out. He took Jane to a newer place in Windsor and they played laser tag and had a blast.


They also hit the Poudre Trail for a bike ride.


34 weeks! 

Baby Center said that at 34 weeks the baby weighs the same as a small cantaloupe. Jane wanted to pose for a picture with one at the store. :)


Henry's afternoon with Daddy - playing air hockey!


An impromptu barbecue with some friends. Jane loves hanging out with Sophie and Madeline.


Henry's first day of preschool! Someone really wanted to be in the picture too.




Getting ready to go in, everyone is excited!


This was Pete after he realized that Henry was staying at school and Pete had to come home with Mommy. Poor boy cried for 10 minutes until I bribed him with a trip to King Soopers for a free cookie and a ride on the penny horse.


The penny horse makes everything all better!


Spending time with just Pete during preschool is so fun! I love getting to play with him without all of the other distractions. It is short-lived so I am trying to take advantage of it. Here he is in his rocket ship on his way to the moon!


A play date with Rebi! These two are so cute together. Pete can't wait to see Rebi every week at the library story hour.



Watching Henry's soccer game with two sets of grandparents!! The kids are loving having Grandad and Gramma living so close. 


Making brownies with Mom for the Saint Pat's fall kick-off potluck.


My parents took their 35th anniversary trip this fall, a year later. While they were gone, my grandparents came to house sit for them. It was fun to get to spend a lot of time with them while they were here. We even got to celebrate my Grandma Mary's 80th birthday with her.



Reading stories with Grampy. 


Jane and I couldn't wait to meet my friend Jen's new little girl, Emmery. We took her a meal so we would have an excuse to go right away.  :)


I'm not sure if these two were saving the day or wreaking havoc but they are cute heroes.


I'm not exactly sure what costume Henry thinks he has on but he dropped everything to hear Jane's story.


Gramma came over in the middle of the week to take us to Chuckee Cheese. 



Pete loved throwing the basketball in the hoop with Gramma.



Reading to Grammy after school one day.


We took my grandparents to dinner out at the Rio on Friday night while they were here. 


Henry and Grampy dancing to the salsa band.




Henry has had quite the cheering section this soccer season! 


After Henry's game we told him he could choose where we went for lunch. He chose Subway at the spider web park. 





All 4 of them looked at me with we want a puppy dog eyes after we saw this cute puppy in the park. I'm sticking by my rule...when we are done having babies! :)


After Henry and Daddy's haircuts they stopped by the pet shop to check out the turtles.


Jane and Henry got their own skis and boots this year! They are excited to hit the slopes and try them out.


At Jane's school, dads can sign up to be Watch D.O.G.S. (dads of great students.) Nathan volunteered for 8 hours at her school, helping out in the classroom and patrolling the hallways. Jane couldn't sleep because she was so excited about Daddy being at school.


Pete snagged my bag of ice and told me his knee hurt.


Painting with Pete...his shirt is so clean because he had just ripped off the paint bib. 


Playing at the library after story hour.


The next Peyton Manning. :) He loves to play football!


My friend Angela and I traded kids for a morning and I took our older boys to the open play at Windsor Gymnastics. She had the little ones back at her house. I think I got the better end of the deal.  :)



These three have been buddies for so long, it's fun to watch them playing soccer together.


At Jane's school they have a Harvest Festival and this year Jane loved climbing the rock wall. She is really good and fast!




Henry liked the jousting bounce house.




All dressed up for spirit week! This was America day.


Snuggling after a nap.


Jane's "All About Me" assignment.


These boys! I can't believe I'm about to have three!


I wanted to include a picture of the kids with Nathan's Gramma Jo to honor this special woman. At the end of August  Gramma Jo passed away. We were very fortunate that Nathan was able to see her very recently and all of us were able to see her when we were in Florida last year. She was a wonderful Gramma and Great-Gramma too. Nathan and I were able to go to her memorial service in Indiana a couple weeks ago and it was a beautiful time of remembering and honoring Jo. In everything that was shared, it was evident that she lived a full life. I know she will be missed. 


0 comments:

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP