Let it snow!
Jane and I are cuddled up on the couch with the fireplace on and Henry sleeping upstairs. We're watching my favorite Disney movie, Sleeping Beauty and Jane is worried about what happened to the cake the fairies made Aurora for her birthday. :) I've been trying to take the advice I've heard so many times from other moms to "be present," to enjoy the day to day. We've had fun today, watching the snow fall and trying to be creative with things to do inside. We have been on lock-down for over a week with the cold and snow & Jane is a little stir crazy.
I want to take this opportunity to share some of my favorite Jane moments:
She just learned how to say "accident" and she told me yesterday that several things were accidents. :) I have my doubts.
She likes to say, "good idea!" to herself when she thinks she has come up with something smart.
When Nathan or I are holding her or she is in her highchair instead of telling us she wants to get down she says, "down dooby do down." I'm laughing right now as I write that one...she must have heard us sing it to her sometime.
The most hilarious thing lately is that when she gets in trouble for something she blames it on whatever character she is currently dressed as. Yesterday she got a time-out while wearing her Bo Peep dress and she said (as I was carrying her to time-out), "Oh no Bo Peep! Happened Bo Peep? Bo Peep do?" Who taught her that?
Our little man Henry is awake more and more which is a lot of fun. He laughs when we are getting him dressed - I think his shirts tickle his neck. He smiles a lot, which just makes us want to smile too! He especially likes a blanket we have with dog foot-prints on it. That can always get a smile. :)
Enjoy the pictures! Just so you know, I am switching my captions to be under the pictures they are talking about. I am working on publishing some blog books and it makes more sense when they are printed that way.
The new favorite place to play, Henry's crib. Jane likes to play with his mobile (it used to be hers but she didn't like it back then.)
Another day in the crib... :)
Our favorite lunch date, my cousin Kelsey! We love living close to her and getting to see her every week.
Bath buddies! (wearing their Christmas presents from Granddad & Gramma)
Snow, snow, snow...
We had a pajama day since it was so cold & snowy outside. Henry was laughing at his crazy sister. :)
"Making" cookies. (just the break and bake kind - but they are still yummy!)
I brought Jane's tent & tunnel upstairs to mix things up a little. We had to move the castle inside, along with all of the princesses.
3 comments:
How did Jane like Sleeping Beauty, since the cake fails to make another appearance?
Love the pics! Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow! It will be a good playdate for all of us! So hard being stuck inside!
I can just imagine Jane saying "down dooby do down"...I think it sounds like something her dad taught her:) And I think you do a great job of capturing your adorable kiddos in writing...you're such a great mom!
Post a Comment