Monday, May 16, 2011

Mother's Day 2011


My Mother's Day post is a little late - we've been busy! :) It was a great week leading up to Mother's Day and a wonderful weekend too. I can't believe it was already my third Mother's Day as a mother myself! My thoughtful husband made my day with flowers, a special breakfast and coordinating the afternoon with my parents. I also heard "Happy Mother's Day" from Jane for the first time!
Since becoming a mom I have even more appreciation for every mother who has come before me. Happy Mother's Day to my own mom, thank you for being such an amazing mom and for showing me how it's done. Thank you to Tammy for being a wonderful mother-in-law. And, thank you to all of our grandmothers for starting things off right! :)
Now, for some great pictures of the little miracles who made me a mommy!


Henry thinks he's a big boy now; hanging in the house with Jane.




The Cinderella dress has seen better days but it is still a favorite!


Check him out! Henry is rocking on his knees these days - crawling backwards. It won't be long!


He started out right next to the big panda and crawled backwards until he was stuck against the wall. :) This is a regular occurrence.






Working on Mother's Day cards for Gramma & Nana.



Working on my mother's day present while I was sleeping after work! :)


The finished product is priceless, including Jane's handprint and Henry's footprint! :)


Enjoying some nice weather and eating outside.


Love this little boy SO MUCH!



On Mother's Day I was excited to celebrate with my own mom for the first time in a long time. We met in Denver to spend a few hours at the Butterfly Pavilion and then had dinner at my favorite Italian buffet - Cinzettis.




Checking out the bugs.



There was a minimum age of 3 years to hold Rosie the tarantula otherwise Jane would have been at the front of the line. She had to settle for sitting with Daddy.





I'm not sure why they had a zip line at the Butterfly Pavilion but Jane loved it.




The bean bag toss was a hit too.


This year has been fun with my brother, sister and I all in Colorado but it will be over soon. Matt is headed to Spokane - to the Cat Tales Zoological Training Center and Zoo - in a few weeks. We will really miss having Uncle Matt around but we are excited for him in his new adventure.


Even Henry was checking out the butterflies!









Obviously, it was a long day! I wonder what will happen when we're in California next week?

1 comments:

Shaina,  May 17, 2011 at 11:57 AM  

That last picture speaks volumes! What a fun day though- we need to do that more often :)

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP