Winter at the Swisher's
It's hard to believe it's February! I feel like January flew by in a whirl of colds and birthdays. :) We are all feeling a little better - hopefully for a while now! I worked quite a bit in the last couple weeks - picking up some extra call shifts - so the kids have been hanging out with Nana a lot too.
Another update is that Henry is 14 months old!
He is learning so many new things every day - a lot of them from his sister.
This week we were in our basement - where the playroom is - and I heard Jane yell, "MOM! Look at Henry!" I looked over to see him standing on top of the IKEA toy shelf in the playroom. The very top. I slowly/quickly walked over to get him down - I didn't want to scare him into falling off.
He's a daredevil. I asked Jane where he learned to do that and she said, "ME" with a huge smile on her face. He definitely learned it from her - she loves to climb up there and do things she doesn't want him messing with. Well, watch out sister! Henry's getting taller! Now we've had to make it off limits for everyone.
Henry is also learning lots of new baby signs. He signs dog, fish, all done and more. I'm working on flower with him too but he's not as into that one as Jane was. :) I love to see him signing because he's not talking much so I know it will help him to be less frustrated. He understands almost everything we tell him now so I'm sure one day he will just start talking a mile a minute.
One of our favorite things is how much he loves bath time. He will stand at the bathroom door after dinner waiting for you and if he hears the water running from some other room he runs to the tub. He will play in the bath forever if you let him.
He also has quite the attitude, messing with his sister and throwing fits if he doesn't get something he wants. He knows just how to push Jane's buttons. I was really proud of her the other day because we are trying to get her to ask for help instead of dealing with him herself (i.e. pushing him over and ripping things out of his hands). He took her baby and she started to chase after him but stopped and said, "Mommy, please get my baby back."
Probably the funniest story from the last couple weeks was when Nathan was taking care of the kids while I was working (or sleeping). It was pretty much the same thing - Henry taking something from Jane and she stopped and asked Nathan, "Help please." After she got her toy back she started walking away and then she spun around, pointed at Henry and shouted, "Bad brother!" I laughed so hard when Nathan told me that one. Since that we've been talking about how he's not bad, he just doesn't know any better so we have to teach him. Jane is really interested in that - teaching Henry how to act. :)
It is really fun watching them interact and play together. They can be pretty wild and crazy sometimes.
Now for the pictures!
Henry and his hat...a necessary accessory for breakfast.
Henry found this bucket and shovel in Nana's playroom and brought it over to show her. "Where's the sandbox?" :)
A tent under the card table
My Aunt Barb generously handed down this great couch to us! Jane was quick to claim it for herself.
Sometimes it's the only thing he has on...
Last week I was reading to Jane before bed and Henry decided to crawl in too. He loves playing on Jane's bed but he isn't usually so cuddly.
This just about did me in. :)
Dog germs! Eww! (Mommy's opinion - Jane thinks it's hilarious)
Funny singing pig
Jane & Rane
Sibling wrestle mania
Handsome boy playing in the tree. New hat this week. The other one is in the laundry. :)
I just want to say that I LOVE having a backyard we can play in! The kids are happy out there for forever. We are keeping our eyes open for a play set on Craigslist to make it even better before summer.
I took the kids to Walmart today - it was a quick trip for milk and juice - apparently not quick enough for these two. :) A little melodramatic if you ask me.
Fancy Pocohantas Jane
They were supposed to be helping me fold the laundry...
Henry was really happy his blanket was clean. He missed it during naptime today.





1 comments:
Love it!
Post a Comment