Summer's End
Today it feels like fall is coming. We have had 90+ degree weather the last few weeks and I was starting to get a little crabby in the heat. :) We enjoyed the last weeks of summer together and now are getting back into the swing of the year.
One of our last summer adventures was the Saint Patrick family camping trip. It is organized by two couples from church each year but this is our first time getting to go. They reserved a group of 12 camp sites for the 12 families who went and provided all the food for one night and morning of camping. We had 24 adults and 32 kids under the age of ten! It was a little chaotic at times but the kids had a great time.
Helping Daddy put the tent together.
Nathan took Jane, Henry and Owen on a bear hunt.
Henry and Owen came back with flowers for their mommies.
Roasting hotdogs over the fire.
Henry had a s'more...can you tell?
Snuggled up in the tent.
Most of the kids - I think I count 28 in this picture.
Of course there had to be some kind of injury when you have that many kids in the mountains. Henry had a little run-in with a log and a boulder - poor boy! He had a couple smashed fingers and a nasty scrape on his eye.
He needed some TLC from his mommy when we got home.
I had been wanting to take the kids to the splash park all summer and we managed to get there a couple days before it closed for the fall.
I'm officially a soccer mom! Nathan is coaching Jane's soccer team this fall! :) She's not so sure about having to wear shorts, t-shirt and shin guards but she is having fun with her friends and her Daddy!
Their first practice, stretching with Coach Nathan.
The huddle :) - the kids thought this was awesome.
Henry had some Mommy time during soccer practice. He invited me to his restaurant. :)
Nathan met Emily at a Rockies game last weekend.
I'm trying to soak up all the time I have with this little man while he is still "the baby."
How Henry eats a donut.
In preparation for their new baby brother, Jane and Henry are now sharing a room! For the last week they've been sharing what will be the baby's room (Henry's current room) while we get their new room (Jane's room) ready. They are actually doing great so far.
Over Labor Day weekend I had to work and while I was working/sleeping Nathan surprised me by cleaning the whole house - it was awesome. The kids were eating outside so they didn't make a mess of the clean house. :)
Jane is in preschool for the second year but is now going 3 days a week. She was really excited to start the new year. I think she was a little bored at home this summer.
Henry really wishes he were going too!
We had a family movie night and watched Brave. Merida had to make a guest appearance.
Check out that soccer star! :)
Sunday morning we went on a grocery run while Nathan was running. Jane didn't think it was fair that I was letting Henry go in his pjs so she had to put hers on too. I thought it was funny and wanted a picture but they weren't too thrilled. :)
A sneak peek of the kids' Neverland room! :) I can't wait to get it done!!















1 comments:
Dani! Thanks for your comment! I try to keep up with you guys through your blog, I just don't take the time to comment. So are you done? Is this little boy the last? You originally wanted 4 I thought. It's so fun we both have 2 boys and a girl, I wish all our kiddos could be friends!!! :) Your family is precious, congrats friend! We sure have come a long way in 5 years huh!!!
Post a Comment