Fall Fun 2013
This fall has been full of soccer, picnics, play dates, new rooms and waiting for our new baby boy's arrival! I am a week away from his due date and it seems like the weeks have been flying by. Staying busy with two other kids has made this pregnancy go by incredibly fast. Enjoy the pictures from September!
Enjoying a picnic play date at the park with Norah, Jane's favorite little baby girl. Jane thinks it's her job to teach Norah all about being a girl since she only has a big brother. :)
Henry had to join me in a trip to the emissions testing center for the van's registration. While we were waiting we played his favorite game of silly face pictures on my phone.
While Henry was napping one day Jane made him a treasure hunt by laying out a trail of playing cards for him to follow. She couldn't wait to show him when he woke up.
The pirate with his booty.
After Henry found his treasure he wanted to hide one for Jane and he insisted she dress like Captain Hook to find it.
Having a picnic on Nana's floor.
"Mom! Take a picture of how silly I look!"
Stickers from Grammy :)
Jane decided that instead of moving downstairs when the baby comes she wanted to share a room with Henry. To make it a fun change we turned it into a Neverland theme room. My vision came to life with the help of Nathan and Nana. :)
They were really excited, waiting for the big reveal...
Pirates
Fairies
I think they like their new room!
A visit from Aunt Emily!
Since Jane is now sharing a room with her brother I created a princess hide-out under the stairs for her to get away when she needs to. She loves having her own place to sneak off to.
Jane has started coressponding with a fairy named Nyx who lives in a fairy house on Nana's back deck. The fairy invited her to become pen pals. This was Jane's first note from the fairy. :)
On our way to Jane's first soccer game!
Lined up for warm ups.
Critical observer.
Pre-game pep talk from the coach
"GO SUNS!"
Congratulating the other team on their win. :)
Dinner out with Aunt Shaina and Uncle Matt in Denver.
Making cookies during Henry's naptime.
Jane was excited to show Henry the cookies she made when he woke up. Henry was excited to eat them!
Playing on the playground after preschool.
Helping me fold the laundry, "Mom, send this picture to Daddy!"
Waiting for seats at Roma's - Henry told me, "Mom, you can sit in my lap." :)
What a cute little soccer star! :)
The kids and I made this paper chain to count down the days until baby's due date. Jane loves pulling one off every day.
Silly faces on my phone again...
Tree-climbing
Last week was "D" week at preschool so they had a "Daddy and Donuts" picnic after school on Friday. All of the kids made drawings of their dads and filled out this paper about loving their daddy. In case you can't read it, here's what Jane's said:
My dad's name is Nathan Swisher, He is 8 years old, He is as big as my mom, He has brown hair and brown eyes, His favorite food is vegetables, His favorite color is blue, He likes to go to work to make money, For fun he likes to play with me, My favorite thing to do with him is play with my princess toys, I love my dad because he loves me and plays fun things with me.
Jane thought having Daddy bring a picnic to school was pretty special but she really liked the rose he hid in the lunchbox for her!
What a pair!
This past Saturday the Suns won their first game!
Saturday night Nathan and I had what will probably be our last kid-free overnight for a year or more. :) The kids stayed the night at Papa and Nana's. We went to Bisetti's for dinner - where we had our first date for Homecoming in 1999!
This morning Henry wanted to hold Jane's hand and walk her into school. They gave me hope today that they will someday have a loving sibling relationship. :) I don't think I broke up any fights and they had a lot of fun together all day.


























2 comments:
Love all the photos! We miss you guys! I think we're coming up there around Thanksgiving...will you be in town? Also, I think I saw an aqua dresser...did you end up finishing yours? :) Can't wait for baby boy to arrive! Love you!
Oh I love your posts :) Your kids are awesome!
Post a Comment